Implant Dentist in Newport Beach - Dr. Caden Lim - Dental Implant Specialist
Losing one or more of your teeth starts a chain of events that can have dire physical and cosmetic consequences. The most obvious result is a gap in your smile. Less obvious is the loss of chewing function and the inability to eat a complete diet that can result from tooth loss. While these are certainly serious issues, a potentially bigger problem lies hidden beneath the surface: bone loss.
Your jawbone needs the chewing action of the teeth to stimulate it and keep it strong. Otherwise it will begin to disappear in the same manner that the unused muscles beneath a cast supporting a broken bone get smaller. Without the support of your teeth and facial bones, your face will begin to look prematurely aged. The good news is that tooth replacement with dental implants offers a solution to help prevent bone loss.
Dental implants are precision devices, available in several different designs to address your specific needs. The most common type is a titanium screw that is anchored into the jawbone where it serves as post for a custom-made tooth crown. Once the crown is in place, you may not be able to tell it apart from your natural teeth.
- Dental implants let you eat the foods you love.
- Dental Implants are the only proven way to prevent bone loss after the loss of natural teeth.
- Research shows that implant-supported prostheses increase patient comfort.
- 70% of the U.S. population is missing at least one tooth.
- Many social functions involve food and eating.